Water operations management is a complex and challenging task that requires constant monitoring, analysis, and coordination of various components of the water distribution system. To improve its efficiency and reliability, Rincon Del Diablo Water District (RDDWD) has partnered with Nobel Systems, a leading provider of cloud-based GIS solutions for water utilities, to implement its GeoViewer Online and Mobile applications.
Benefits of GeoViewer
One of the key features of Nobel Systems’ technology is GeoViewer, a cloud-based GIS application that allows water utilities to access, analyze, and share geospatial data in real time. GeoViewer enables users to view and manage assets, such as pipes, valves, meters, hydrants, and pumps, on an interactive map. Users can also perform various tasks, such as creating work orders, generating reports, conducting inspections, detecting leaks, and monitoring water quality and pressure. GeoViewer can be accessed from any device, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
GeoViewer is a comprehensive platform that integrates GIS data, real-time IoT data, work order management, asset inventory, and customer service in a single interface. It enables RDDWD to access and manage its water operations data anytime, anywhere, using any device. With GeoViewer, RDDWD can leverage the following features to optimize its water operations management:
- GeoViewer Mobile app in disconnect mode: This feature allows field staff to access and update GIS data even when there is no internet connection. The data is automatically synced with the server when the connection is restored, ensuring data accuracy and consistency.
- GeoViewer Valve Isolation module: This feature helps field and office staff to quickly identify and isolate valves in case of water main breaks or other emergencies. It also generates a list of affected customers and sends them alerts via email or text message, minimizing service disruption and enhancing customer satisfaction.
- GeoViewer Leaks Collection module: This feature enables field staff to collect and record data related to reported leaks, such as location, severity, and repair status. The data is synchronized with the GIS server in real-time, providing office staff with updated information and facilitating leak detection and prevention.
- GeoViewer Business Intelligence module: This feature provides RDDWD with a dashboard that displays key performance indicators (KPIs). It also allows RDDWD to create custom reports and charts that analyze trends and patterns, identify issues and opportunities, and support decision-making.
- GeoViewer DigMark module: This feature streamlines the workflow of dig tickets by syncing information from DigAlert, the statewide notification system for excavation projects. Field users can attach photos and mark tickets as complete when the work is done. Office users can monitor the status of tickets and initiate positive responses to new requirements from DigAlert.
By implementing GeoViewer Online and Mobile applications, RDDWD has established a standardized enterprise system that enhances its water operations management. GeoViewer provides RDDWD with a powerful tool that improves its operational efficiency, data quality, customer service, and regulatory compliance. RDDWD looks forward to continuing its collaboration with Nobel Systems to further leverage the benefits of GeoViewer for its water utility needs.
Reliable Water Services with Rincon Water
Rincon Del Diablo Water District (Rincon Water) is a public agency that provides water and fire protection services to various cities and unincorporated areas in San Diego County, California. Rincon Water serves approximately 8,000 customers through two improvement districts, covering a total area of 42 square miles.
Rincon Water is committed to delivering high-quality water and ensuring reliable service to its customers. To achieve this goal, Rincon Water has recently entered a multi-year contract with Nobel Systems, a leading provider of cloud-based solutions for water utilities.
Nobel Systems will implement its GeoViewer Online and Mobile applications for Rincon Water, enabling the water district to manage its Real-time Water Operations Management system. GeoViewer is a comprehensive solution that integrates GIS, IoT, and business intelligence to optimize water operations and asset management.
By partnering with Nobel Systems, Rincon Water will be able to use GeoViewer to enhance its water distribution system and customer service. Rincon Water is a district that offers water and fire protection services within certain areas that overlap with different cities, such as Escondido, San Marcos, and San Diego, and some parts of San Diego County that are not incorporated. The district covers about 27,000 acres (42 square miles) in total, but only two improvement districts, ID 1 (7,945 acres) and ID A (1,120 acres), provide potable and recycled water to around 8,000 residential and commercial water service connections.
The service area of Rincon Water includes the watersheds of San Dieguito and Carlsbad, including Escondido Valley Ground Water Basin 9-9. The district borders with Vallecitos Water District, Olivenhain Municipal Water District, Valley Center Municipal Water District, the City of Escondido Water Utilities, City of San Diego Water Utilities, and Del Dios Mutual Water.
With GeoViewer, Rincon Water will be able to monitor and manage its water assets more efficiently and effectively. GeoViewer will also help Rincon Water to comply with regulatory requirements, such as the California Senate Bill 555 that mandates water loss audits for urban retail water suppliers. Moreover, GeoViewer will enable Rincon Water to communicate better with its customers and stakeholders by providing them with accurate and timely information about their water usage, billing, and service requests.
Nobel Systems and Rincon Del Diablo Water District are committed to working together to achieve water management excellence. Through this partnership, they hope to demonstrate how technology can help water utilities to optimize their operations, reduce costs, conserve water resources, and improve customer satisfaction.
A Global GIS Leader
Nobel Systems is proud to partner with Rincon Water and looks forward to providing them with the best-in-class technology and service. Nobel Systems has over three decades of experience in delivering innovative solutions for water utilities across the globe. Nobel Systems’ mission is to empower water utilities with smart solutions that improve their performance and sustainability.
Nobel Systems is a global company that has been delivering innovative GIS solutions for over 30 years. The company has helped a number of water districts across the US and the Philippines with its technology, including its flagship software GeoViewer. GeoViewer is a cloud-based GIS application that allows water utilities to access, monitor, and manage their assets in real time. GeoViewer integrates with various data sources, such as SCADA, AMI, billing, work orders, and customer service, to provide a comprehensive view of the water system.
Nobel Systems and Rincon Water are proud to be leaders in the water industry that use technology to advance their mission of delivering quality water to meet the needs of their customers and stakeholders. The two organizations are working together to explore new features and functionalities of GeoViewer that can further improve Rincon Water’s performance and service. Nobel Systems and Rincon Water are also collaborating to share their best practices and experiences with other water utilities that can benefit from GIS solutions.